Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beef Taco Skillet

This recipe comes from a cooking with Campbell's Soup pamphlet, but I have tweaked it to feed a bigger crowd.  The tortillas in it always make my kids hesitant, until they taste it, then it disappears.  You can also use leftover shredded beef in this, which makes is a super fast-to-fix meal.

Beef Taco Skillet
1 lb. ground beef
2 Tbsp. dry minced onion
1 can Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 1/2 c. salsa
1/2 c. water
12 flour or corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized squares
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 c. shredded cheese

Brown beef and onion together in a skillet, spoon off fat.  Add soup, salsa, water, tortillas and tomato sauce.  Heat to a boil, cover and cook about 5 min. or until hot.  Top with cheese.

Notes:  I prefer flour tortillas and I like to serve this with a dollop of sour cream.  To use already cooked beef in this, just heat the beef until it is warm in the skillet with the onion and a bit of oil, then proceed.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!