Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fast and Easy Mississippi Mud Bars

I am a marshmallow person.  I know there are those that aren't, I'm married to one--but for me, the fluffy, sticky, gooey, sweetness is so nice.  This isn't the best Mississippi Mud recipe I own, but it is the fastest way to get that taste without very much fuss.  (You know, for those emergency cravings.)

Fast and Easy Mississippi Mud Bars
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil
2 Tbsp. water
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl, combine cake mix with eggs, oil and water.  Mix together--mixture will be stiff.  Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake for 12-15 min. Take out of the oven and dollop the marshmallow cream around on top of the brownies.  Spread the dollops together carefully, the warmth of the brownie will help the cream to spread.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Return to the warm oven for a minute or so, then swirl the warm chocolate with a knife.  Cool (if you can wait that long) and cut into bars.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!