Friday, June 15, 2012

Transitions are for the Birds

Hello.  Remember me?  Transitions and life changes always leave me a bit weary, and the end of the school year is no exception.  We enjoyed (and survived) the end of year concerts, the awards assemblies and the parties.  We finished another season of soccer.  We celebrated two birthdays and we have moved three friends/family into new homes.  The last couple of months have been a season of transition, but it isn't over--it's just beginning.

We are painting and preparing to list our home for sale.  It is a recent decision, and a bit sudden: we were comfortably living here, planning nothing one minute and the next, looking around in a panic at how much damage nine people can do to a house.  Will we ever get it ready for someone else to want it?

In the mean time, my kitchen is under a flood of tools and painting supplies--which go nicely with the various furnishings looking for a safe haven from paint drips.  We still have to eat!  So there are a couple of old recipes here with new photos.  (Make sure to try mom's doughnuts, they are wonderful!)

Sandra's Doughnuts
Tangy Beef Stroganoff






I am also planning something here on the blog for my newly graduated friends who are looking at college/moving away and feeling anxious over how mom cooked what. It is akin to the difference between riding in a car and driving the car to be around food cooking and to actually have to cook it yourself.  So I am working on a student in the kitchen tab to help my own son and others through their first trials of feeding themselves.  (I'd be happy to entertain requests, as we all begin somewhere, and we all keep learning!) Look for it in the near future on the main tab list.

Meanwhile, we will keep painting and boxing.  Wish me luck!

Jenny
(clip art from http://vintagefeedsacks.blogspot.com/)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I was glad you put on here just a little bit of what you've been doing. We haven't talked in SO LONG!!! I have heard all about what is happening with you and the family through mom, but have been in survival mode myself and haven't had a minute to call. I LOVE the idea of a section on here for the new cookers. I have a yw that will be headed to college in Jan. I will def be giving her your blog. Love you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!