Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In Which I Join the Modern World and My Blog Comes to My Kitchen

Some of you know that I don't even own a cell phone.  That I don't know how to make them function when you hand them to me and ask me to do something simple, like, "Here, would you answer this for me?"

Some of you know that I have really wanted one of those nifty electronic readers to load all my favorite classic books on so I can have them with me in an emergency.  (If you are at all acquainted with my book shelves, you know that I need a lot of books around to feel safe, and if I am not carrying at least one, it constitutes an emergency.)

Well, a miracle has occurred, and I am the proud owner of some fancy technology!  Here is my new Google Nexus, seven inch electronic tablet:
Isn't she beautiful?

One of my super-excitements about this tablet is that NOW my blog can come to the kitchen with me!  I have a desk top that definitely-takes-up-a-whole-desk.  It lives in the room adjacent to my kitchen, and the standard procedure for using a recipe from my blog has been to yell to my 16 year old daughter (sitting at the computer) the name of the recipe I need, and she yells to me (working in the kitchen) the ingredient list.  Funny, isn't it?  But, now my recipes are portable!  My books are portable!  And I've found an app that I love called Songza which will even choose music to cook by at dinner time. SWEET!  

I am still trying to find my way through the maze of software and apps, but I have downloaded a classic book which has been on my waiting list forever and I downloaded an audio book from libravox.  Welcome to the kitchen! And welcome me to the electronic age--in which my 12 year old keeps telling me how to use this thing....

Jenny

2 comments:

Natalie said...

7Love! :)

Natalie said...

I didn't mean 7Love. I just meant LOVE! and happened to hit a 7 on the way there! Ha, ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!