Thursday, September 13, 2012

Peaches and Cream Dessert

Time for peaches to be ripe and gorgeous!   I wanted to share this delicious recipe while there are fresh peaches to be had.  It has a crust, and reminds me of pie. This is from an old Taste of Home cookbook.

Peaches and Cream Dessert
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. shortening
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 Tbsp. cold water
Filling:
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
5 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 c. whipping cream
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Combine flour and salt in a bowl.  Cut in shortening. Stir in egg and water until mixture comes together.  Press dough into the bottom and a bit up the sides of a 9 x 13 pan to form a crust.  For filling:  combine sugar and flour; toss with the peaches.  Pour into the crust.  Pour cream over peaches and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Bake at 425 degrees for 20 min.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 25 min. longer.  Let stand 30 min. before serving.

Notes:  I think I used about 7 or 8 cups of peaches in mine to make it huge.  I left all the other ingredients the same, and other than maybe adding a bit more sugar, it worked out well.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!