Tuesday, September 18, 2012

No Crust Apple Pie

What are dear friends for, if not to share their best recipes?  My friend Becky sent this to me last week, and it is scrumptious!  Also easy.  Yay!

No Crust Apple Pie
Peel and slice enough tart apples to fill a 9 inch pie plate.
Sprinkle apples with a couple of tablespoons of sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Stir apples.

Combine:
3/4 c. melted butter or margarine
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 egg
Beat together.  Pour/spread over apples in pie plate.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. or until golden.  Serve with ice cream.

Notes:  Fill the pie plate to the top, as the apples shrink a bit when cooked.  We served this with fresh whipped cream.  Thanks, Becky!!!

Jenny

1 comment:

Becky said...

It really is the best, but I would have to say serve with ice cream. Hot apple pie just deserves ice cream! glad I made your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!