Friday, December 21, 2012

Carrot Bread

I found this recipe while digging through my mother's box over Thanksgiving.  I've never eaten this before, and I thought I'd give it a try.  It is nutty, and yummy, and the color is beautiful.  My kids didn't really trust it, so I had much of the loaf to myself.  I liked it best spread with a little butter.  I think it would also be nice glazed like this zucchini loaf.

Carrot Bread
6 eggs, beaten
1 c. oil
1 c. milk
4 c. shredded carrots
2 c. sugar
Mix this together, then add:
4 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
Mix together, fold in:
1 c. chopped pecans
Pour into two greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Best served second day.

Notes: use this trick to reliably get your bread out of the pans.  You can bake this in smaller loaf pans for gift giving, the baking time will be reduced.  Test with a toothpick.  I actually had two large loaves and two small from this recipe.  You can reduce the recipe if you like you can also use all whole wheat or all white flour.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!