Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pasta Frittata

A frittata is an Italian omelette.  The first recipe I encountered for one contained pasta, so I always make it that way. Anytime I have leftover spaghetti noodles, I cover them with plastic wrap in the fridge for a day or two (so we are in the mood for pasta again), and make them into this yummy stuff.  It is an easy week night meal or breakfast.

Pasta Frittata 
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
3-4 c. cooked spaghetti noodles
1-2 c. cubed ham (or other meat)
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
12 eggs
1/4 c. water
3/4 c. cheese

In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter.  Add garlic and onions and cook for a minute, then add pasta and toss in oil to season.  Add ham, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Warm through.  In a bowl, whisk eggs and water together until it is all yellow.  Pour eggs over noodles and meat.  Tilt skillet so egg coats all ingredients.  Reduce heat to simmer and cover.  Cook for about 10-15 min, or until eggs are set.  Sprinkle with cheese, cover again until cheese melts.  Cut into wedges and serve with salsa or chili sauce if desired.

Notes:  You can also finish this in the oven under a broiler. Just when the eggs are set on the bottom, but not on the top, add the cheese and place the skillet under a hot broiler until eggs are set and cheese is bubbly.  You can use any thing in this, diced veggies, bacon, green pepper, cut up sausage--it is an omelette, add what you like, but I like the garlic-y noodles, so I always do that part.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!