Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sourdough Boston Brown Bread

This is a super-yum amazing batter bread!  I love, love it.  If you need to make your own sourdough start so you can try this click here. (If you like raisins, you DO want to try this!)

Sourdough Boston Brown Bread
1 Tbsp. molasses
2 c. raisins
2 c. cold water
1 c. sourdough start
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix molasses, raisins and water together in a saucepan.  Heat and cook on medium heat for 15 min.  Cool.  Add soda and stir.  Place raisin mixture in a mixing bowl.  Add sugar, sourdough start, salt, vanilla, egg and melted butter.  Mix well. Add flour and stir.  Add nuts.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.  (You can use this Quick Bread Tip.)  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Test with a toothpick for doneness.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!