Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

A fall breakfast treat! This recipe came from a Martha Stewart magazine and I have doubled the ingredients.  These are excellent with some Buttermilk Syrup or I recently used a Milk Syrup that I added molasses to. Yum!

 Pumpkin Pancakes
2 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
2 c. milk
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. melted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine dry ingredients.  In another bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, melted butter, eggs and vanilla and whisk together.  Cook on a hot griddle greased with a little melted butter.

I thought I would have to coax some of my children into trying these, so I made some of them have smiley faces with cinnamon chips.  If you want to try this, pour your batter onto the griddle, when they are almost ready to turn, add the chips and turn to finish cooking.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!