Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Candied Popcorn (Butter Rum or Cinnamon Bear)

This is some pretty yummy, addicting stuff!  My sister brought a bag of each flavor to a family reunion and we all enjoyed it.  The photo is the Butter Rum flavor, you can tell because there are no adorable red bears.

Candied Popcorn (Butter Rum or Cinnamon Bear)
6 quarts popped, salted popcorn
2 cubes butter (1 cup)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. flavoring of choice (imitation rum extract or cinnamon-the kind used to flavor lollipops)
4 c. mini marshmallows
1 c. toffee bits (not the kind with chocolate) or 2 c. cinnamon bears

In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup.  Heat to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and flavor of choice, and marshmallows.  Stir until marshmallows are melted.  Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.  Sprinkle in toffee bits or cinnamon bears and cool.

Notes: I used margarine in this and it worked fine. The toffee bits I used were made by Heath and called Bits o' Brickle.  If you can find the mini cinnamon bears, use those. Or you could cut the bears in half...or not. No one really likes dead bears.

Jenny

1 comment:

Becky said...

I guess I should give you some notice when I come to town next so that you can make me some cinnamon
popcorn!!! YUM

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!