Friday, April 11, 2014

School Day Raisin Cookies

These are really scrumptious with their maple flavoring, we absolutely loved them!  This recipe comes from a cookbook published in 1953 called Family Cookbook by Parent's Magazine.  The step to rinse the raisins is probably not necessary now, but I still did it, as I had no way to measure the liquid amount that would be left on the raisins and therefore be part of the recipe. :)

School Day Raisin Cookies
3/4 c. raisins
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. maple flavoring
1 tsp. vanilla
Rinse raisins and drain, set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine oats and sugar.  Stir in oil and eggs.  Add dry ingredients and stir together.  Stir in raisins and flavorings.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees 8-10 min. Cool on wire rack, makes 3 dozen cookies.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!