Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sausage Potato Goulash

This recipe is adapted from Tessa Kiros' Apples for Jam cookbook.  It is delicious and reminded me of Green Bean Supper in it's preparation and appearance. I think this will become a staple at our house.

Sausage and Potato Goulash
1 lb. bulk sausage
1 med. onion, chopped
Brown together in a skillet and drain excess fat
Add:
1-2 tsp. paprika
5-6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
2 c. hot water
salt and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil.  Lower heat, cover and simmer about 20 min. Until potatoes are soft. Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf before serving. Serve with bread to soak up all the juices.

Notes: I used red baby potatoes in this and so left the skins on.  I also used a can of Italian seasoned tomatoes. You can take the cover off and boil the liquid down more, or you could thicken it with a bit of cornstarch if you want it thicker.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!