Saturday, April 19, 2014

Carrot Bars

I took the photo without the frosting so you can see how packed with delicious goodness these bars are. You can add coconut to them too if you like.

Carrot Bars
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. oil
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well drained
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3 c. grated carrots

Beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in sugar.  Add oil, then dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in carrots, pineapple and nuts.  Spread into 2 greased 9x13 pans.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.  Cool and top with cream cheese frosting.

Notes: I made this in my really big sheet pan and the recipe fit perfectly.  I also sprinkled cinnamon-sugar over the frosting to make a sugar crust--excessive and wonderful! If you are serving a smaller group, divide this is half and bake it in just one 9x13 pan.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!