Friday, May 16, 2014

Congo Bars

This recipe has all the taste and texture of lovely chocolate chip cookies and the convenience of just spreading it in the pan and baking once. Perfect for an afternoon snack, or a midnight treat (if they last that long at your house--they don't here!)

Congo Bars
2/3 c. oil
2 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
3 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts (opt)
1 c. chocolate chips

Stir oil and brown sugar together, add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Stir in nuts and chips last. Batter will be stiff. Spread into a 10x15 jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for 25 min. Cut into squares while warm.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!