Thursday, May 8, 2014

Grape Nuts Bread

This recipe is easy to make, and though it is a quick bread, the texture is like a yeast bread. It is from a cookbook called When Meals Were Meals.  The bread is a little sweet and full of the malty flavor of the cereal.  The author suggests to serve this with cream cheese.  I liked it best warm with butter or toasted.

Grape-Nuts Bread
1 c. Grape-Nuts
2 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder

Combine Grape-Nuts and milk and let the cereal soak for 30 min.  Stir in egg, sugar and honey.  Combine and sift flour, salt and baking powder together.  Stir into Grape-Nut mixture and blend until smooth.  Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees for 45 min.

Notes:  If you want to hurry the soaking process, combine the cereal and milk and microwave for 1-2 min. then allow it to cool to lukewarm.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!