Monday, March 9, 2020

Swedish Meatballs

I have a love for these, but they take a long time to make from scratch. This recipe is one I developed to use frozen meatballs, and it is oh, so good and fast to throw together. Serve it with Lingonberry jam if you have it, or we enjoy it with homemade plum jam or cranberry sauce.

Swedish Meatballs
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. water
4 tsp. beef bouillon powder
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
a dash of ground allspice

2 lbs. frozen meatballs

In an oven safe dish with a cover (tin foil works) place the frozen meatballs. Combine the milk, water, flour and seasonings in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 min. Stir. Bake uncovered for 15 min. more. Serve over 1 lb. of cooked wide egg noodles, tossed while they are hot with about 4 Tbsp. melted butter.

Yum!

Notes: If you would like a meatball recipe to start from scratch, or for making your own frozen meatballs, try Meatballs for Freezing.

Jenny




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!