Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Maple Graham Bread

This is seriously yummy! We did eat some of it warm, which was lovely, but it's true greatness lies in toasting it after it cools and spreading it with butter. This is a quick bread but serves like a yeast bread. The recipe comes from The Butt'ry Shelf Cookbook by Mary Mason Campbell.

Maple Graham Bread

Mix together in a bowl:
3 c. whole wheat flour (they used to call this graham flour)
1/2 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. white flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

In a large bowl combine:
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. maple syrup

Stir flour into milk mixture with a wooden spoon and mix well.

Fold in 1 c. raisins if you like (I did like!)

Pour into a greased loaf pan at 350 for 60 min., or until it thumps done. (I have to smile at this.)

Enjoy!
Jenny


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!