Sunday, November 6, 2022

Plum Kuchen

 

This is a fall treat with fresh plums. A little cross between a cake and a shortbread texture, this will be very best with juicy plums.



Plum Kuchen
1/2 c. soft butter or margarine
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. almond extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
20 plum halves (this varies according to the size of your plums.)

Topping
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round pan. Cream butter and 1/2 c. sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time; add flavorings, beat well. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Pour batter into pan. Arrange plum halves in batter, cut side down.


Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over plums and batter. Bake for 30 min. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream if desired.

Notes: When it is warm and fresh, I like it with whipped cream or ice cream, but if there is any leftover, I love a scoop of this in a bowl with cold milk over it for breakfast. Yum!

Jenny


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!