Thursday, April 29, 2010

Breakfast Cake

Who doesn't love cake for breakfast?  Over the years, I have tried a lot of coffee cakes, but they have been complicated or time consuming, or dry.  Since I found this recipe, I haven't made any other.  It is fast to pop in the oven, moist and tender.  My kids adore it.  Also note that the egg in this is optional.  Keep it in mind for the morning you have run out of eggs! The recipe comes from Recipezaar and was listed by Kittencal.

Easy Cinnamon Flop (Breakfast Cake)

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. milk or half and half
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 egg (optional)
½ c. brown sugar
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
¼ c. butter, melted

Heat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix all ingredients except brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top. You may also top this with chopped nuts. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 20-25 min. Make a glaze with 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk. Drizzle over hot cake.
Notes: I always use 1/2 c. powdered milk mixed with the dry ingredients and 1 1/4 c. water in place of the milk or half and half.  Also, the glaze is even yummier if made with a little half and half or cream.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!