Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Barbecue Pasta and Sausage

I'm not even sure where to look for this recipe anymore.  It has been such a staple at our house, that I just make it from memory.  I use the sausages that look like an over-sized hot dog.  Bar-S Smoked Sausage is my favorite.

Barbecue Pasta and Sausage
12 oz. pasta, like bow tie or rotini
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 c. barbecue sauce, your favorite flavor
1 Tbsp. dried, minced onion
8 oz. sausage, sliced
1/2 c. grated cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. In a microwave safe bowl, combine sauces, onion and sliced sausage, microwave on high for one minute and stir together.  Stir pasta into sauce, top with cheese, microwave for 5-6 minutes until cheese melts.

(Note: the photo is taken before microwaving.)

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!