Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bruschetta

Make this when the tomatoes are garden fresh! Serve on slices of baguette. Start with a little garlic, some heads have stronger flavor than others! You can always add more.

Bruschetta

2 ½ c. chopped, seeded tomatoes
¼ c. chopped onion
½ c. chopped, seeded cucumber
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. salt
Ground pepper

 Chop tomato, cucumber and onion into uniform sizes. Mix all ingredients and chill 1 hour. Adjust seasonings.

Notes:  This is inspired by an appetizer I fell in love with at the Olive Garden.  They add mozzarella cheese and broil theirs--yum! But this is simple for hot weather.  It is important that you taste for seasoning after the mix has had an hour to blend. You can add more garlic after that.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!