Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Texas Caviar

The bold, sweet flavor will make your taste buds sing!

Texas Caviar

Chop the following into small cubes, (dice) and place in a large bowl:
2 bunches green onion
2 green peppers
1 yellow pepper
2 red peppers
3 stalks celery
¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped

Add: 1 small can jalapenos
2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn, thawed

Dress with the following:
1 c. sugar
¼ c. oil
¾ c. apple cider vinegar
Cracked pepper to taste

Combine in saucepan on med-low heat until sugar is dissolved (does not have to boil). Allow to cool, then combine. Store in refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!