Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cornbread Salad

Different and delicious! This has become a favorite of our extended family and shows up at all the summer picnics.  It is soooo good!

Cornbread Salad
1 pkg. cornbread mix, prepared as directed (8x8 pan)
3 c. chopped tomatoes
1 c. chopped onion (red is my favorite in this)
1 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped sweet pickles
12 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sweet pickle juice
Parmesan cheese, for topping

Crumble 1/2 of prepared cornbread into bottom of large bowl (this is the one you will serve the salad from).  In another bowl, mix vegetables and bacon, blend well.  Spoon half of vegetable mixture over cornbread.  Stir mayo and pickle juice together; spread half of dressing over vegetables.  Repeat layers and sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese.  Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. 

Notes: if you want to make the cornbread from scratch, here is a recipe, Favorite Cornbread .

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!