Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Family Spaghetti

This recipe is from my neighbor and high school Home Ec. teacher.  It is so good! My favorite is to make it with 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. ground sausage.

Family Spaghetti

Combine and brown together:
2 lb. hamburger
2 large onions
1 large green pepper
1 large clove garlic (I usually add more.)

Mix together in a 6 qt. pan:
1 can (36 oz.) tomato juice
2 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz.) mushrooms
1/2 c. catsup
2 red hot chilies crumbled (i used dried, a little goes a long way!)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. sweet basil
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, opt.

Add meat mixture and combine. Simmer 1 hour. Makes about 4 quarts. Freezes well. Lauralee Ercanbrack

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!