Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken

2 frying chickens, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 c. bread crumbs
1 pkt. Italian dressing seasoning
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 eggs, well beaten
2/3 c. milk
Oil to cover the bottom of your skillet 1/2 inch deep.

Combine eggs and milk and whisk together. In a shallow container, mix flour, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and onion soup mix. Dip chicken in egg mix, then roll in flour and repeat. Fry over medium heat for 25 min, turning often. Drain and serve.

Notes:  I have since developed a new method for this recipe, same ingredients but with pre-baking to ensure even cooking.  You can find it here.  Also, I like to use buttermilk in the place of milk for the egg mix.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!