Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jambalaya

I had a neighbor from New Orleans who shared this recipe with me.

Jambalaya
3 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. smoked sausage
2 cups boneless chicken, cut into bite size pieces
2 bay leaves
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped green pepper
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
½ c. tomato sauce
1 c. chopped tomatoes
2 ½ c. water
1 ½ c. uncooked rice
Cajun seasoning

Melt butter in a 4 qt. saucepan over high heat. Add sausage. Cook 4-5 min, stirring frequently. Add chicken and continue cooking until chicken is brown. Stir in bay leaves, Cajun seasoning (to taste) and ½ cup each onion, celery and peppers and garlic. Cook until vegetables start to soften, stirring often. Stir in tomato sauce and cook about 1 min. Add remaining onion, celery peppers and tomatoes. Stir in water and rice, mixing well. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered over very low heat until rice it tender (about 30 min.) Stir well and remove bay leaves.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!