Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sloppy Joes


A family favorite, this is what I made for my husband the first time I fed him dinner. Now, of course, I double the recipe. :)

Sloppy Joes
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 c.)
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/4 c. chopped celery
1 1/2  c. spaghetti sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vinegar
3 drops Tabasco sauce

Brown beef with onion, pepper and celery.  Spoon off fat.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 min. Serve on hamburger buns.
Notes:  Sometimes I add 1 c. spaghetti sauce and 1/2 c. barbecue sauce and omit the sugar and vinegar. 

Jenny

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Are these THE sloppy joes that we ate at your house when we were little?! They are divine!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!