Friday, May 21, 2010

Vanilla Fudge

I admit to a huge sweet tooth.  So, fudge for no reason is the best reason!  A friend shared a plate of this, and I asked for the recipe.  It will only be as good as the flavor of your almond bark, so choose wisely, because you're about to make 2 1/2 pounds of the stuff!
Vanilla Fudge
2 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine or butter
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
8 oz. almond bark or vanilla flavored candy coating, coarsely chopped
3/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla

Line a 9 inch square or a 9 x 13 pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil.  In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine and milk.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Continue boiling for 5 min. over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Stir in marshmallow creme and almond bark; blend until smooth.  Stir in walnuts and vanilla.  Pour into prepared pan.  Cool to room temperature.  Score fudge into 36 or 48 squares. Refrigerate until firm.  Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil.  Remove foil from fudge.  Using a large knife, cut through scored lines.  Store in refrigerator, makes 2 1/2 pounds.
Notes:  my friend shared this tip, warm the almond bark in the microwave for about 45 seconds before adding it to the fudge, it will incorporate easier this way.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!