Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Coconut Pie

This recipe belongs to a family of food called impossible pies.  They self-form a type of crust while they bake.  This recipe has the added advantage of forming a tasty crispy topping as well.  I love custard pies, and this one is so easy, that I make it frequently.  The photo was taken right as it came from the oven.  It is a bit like a souffle and will not fall per se, but will settle a bit from its initial glory.  (Taste of Home 1998)

Coconut Pie
2 c. milk
1 c. sugar
4 eggs
1/2 c. Flour
6 Tbsp. butter or margarine (I prefer the margarine, the butter tends to leave a greasy trace)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. coconut

In a blender, combine all ingredients except coconut.  Cover and blend for 10 seconds;  scrape the sides and blend 10 for another 10 seconds.  Add coconut, blend for 2 seconds.  Pour into a greased 10 inch pie plate.  Bake at 350 for 50-55 min. or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.  Serve warm.

Notes: This recipe fills my pie plate to the very tippy top, but if I can slide it in the oven without spilling, it will not over-flow during baking. Also, I like to serve this completely cooled.
Jenny

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Coconut pie is Bobby's favorite! Thank you for this recipe, now I have something to make him for our anniversary. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!