Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Potato Salad

I prefer my potato salad to have lots of eggs.  I made this recently, but we ate the evidence before I found the camera to photograph it... (Update, this one had to be saved long enough to go to Grandma's, so yay! a picture!)

My Potato Salad
6 c. cubed potatoes (peeled) and boiled until just tender, not mushy
7 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
1 c. chopped dill pickle
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
Dressing:
1 1/4 c. Miracle Whip
1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
paprika for garnish (opt.)

Combine in a large bowl, potatoes, eggs, pickle, onion and celery.  Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over potatoes and fold together gently.  Sprinkle with paprika for color and chill until cooled.  Makes about 12 cups of salad.
Jenny

1 comment:

Karma said...

Potato salad sounds so good right now - think I am going to try it this afternoon!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!