Friday, August 13, 2010

Cheesecake Pudding

This recipe comes from my friend Karma.  It could be used as a dessert or a potluck salad.  It didn't have a name, but my friend's words were it tastes "like eating cheesecake in pudding form" so we will call it like we taste it!  It is very good and I have been thinking about the possibilities for this.  I am reminded of a mousse when I eat it,  it holds its shape and would look lovely piped into a fancy dish and served with a vanilla wafer and fresh berries for garnish.  I served it the first time without fruit, and then to make leftovers more exciting, folded in some sour cherry pie filling for its re-run.  Loved it both ways.  Can't beat 3 ingredients for easy either!
Cheesecake Pudding
1 (32 oz.) container vanilla yogurt
1 box (5.8 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 (8 oz.) container cool whip
fresh fruit of your choice (or cookies, or chopped nuts)

In a large bowl, mix the yogurt and pudding together until pudding is incorporated.  Fold in cool whip.  Chill.  Serve with fresh fruit (folded in, or over the top of each serving).

I'm tempted to try this with a chocolate pudding and a chocolate flavored cool whip.  If anybody does, let me know how it tastes! This is very stable too, surviving several days in my fridge without weeping or separating, so it would be great as a make ahead dish.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!