Monday, August 16, 2010

Latest Greatest

I go to yard sales all summer long.  I have been looking for a deal on one of these for 4 years now, and last weekend....YES, Success!  The best part was, I had just cleaned up from my yard sale, where I traded last years clothes and a few odds and ends for $55.  Not a great yard sale, but junk for money is always a good trade.  But then, to drive around the corner, find the holy grail and spend the same $50 I just earned was great!  Junk for a grill, Wa-Hoo!  I let you know this, so you can enter into the spirit of cooking with a different medium.  I love food from the grill, and now I am really looking forward to the adventure of learning to use this lovely thing.  So far, we have enjoyed some marinated pork and some of our summer squash, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with onion and garlic salt.  Yum!  If you have great grilling recipes to share with me, I would love that!  I promise to share any gems I find with you!
Jenny


2 comments:

The Land of the Blue Flower said...

Grilled pineapple.
take fresh pineapple slices rub in brown sugar and grill.

Amos said...

Yes, definitely try the pineapple slices, Jenny. That's are one of our standbys in the summer! Also, we love grilled asparagus rubbed with a bit of olive oil and just a bit of a sea salt. Yummy!

Yay on the new BBQ! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!