Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Indoor S'mores

Labor Day is over, time for the indoor variety of this campfire favorite. This recipe comes from a tiny booklet of bar cookies.  People love to see these show up at a potluck!  I prefer them made with milk chocolate chips, but the photo is semi-sweet, because that is what I had on hand.


Indoor S'mores
2/3 c. light corn syrup
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 12 oz. pkg. milk chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
8 c. Golden Grahams cereal
3 c. mini marshmallows

Measure mini marshmallows into a bowl and place in the freezer while you work.  In a saucepan, combine chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter.  Over med-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Pour over cereal in a large bowl.  Stir to coat evenly.  Fold in marshmallows.  Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Let stand until firm, about 1 hour.  Cut into bars.  These are rich!

Jenny

1 comment:

Karma said...

Tried it!! LOVED it!!!! Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!