Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mexican Casserole

Use leftover Chile Verde to make this! 

Mexican Casserole
3 c. cooked rice
1 can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1/2 tsp cumin
sprinkling of garlic powder and onion powder
1 big can chile verde with pork (or 2 1/2 -3 c. homemade chile verde)
1 c. grated mozzarella (or other favorite cheese)

chopped tomato, bell pepper, and onion for garnish
sour cream

In a 2 qt. casserole dish, combine rice, beans and seasonings and stir together.  Spread chile verde over the top and cover with cheese.  Microwave on high for 9 minutes.  Serve with diced vegetables and sour cream.

Note: You can substitute any pepper you like for more heat.  I like to combine my diced tomatoes, onions and peppers in a bowl and serve like salsa over the top of each serving.  (Photo is topped with cheddar, instead of mozzarella.)

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!