Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Zucchini Cookies

I made these this week and they are great!  A pillow type cookie, but with a bit of a crust (think snicker doodle) from rolling in the cinnamon sugar.  This recipe makes a big batch.  It comes from a woman named Peggy whose large family I remember from my childhood.


Zucchini Cookies
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
1 c. butter (not margarine), softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. raisins
1 c. chopped nuts
4 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger

Mix the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla until creamy. Stir in zucchini.  Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the nuts and raisins.  Roll teaspoon-sized balls in cinnamon sugar.  Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 min.  Makes about 5 dozen.

Notes: I used butter flavored shortening instead of butter and liked the results.  In the future, I may experiment with the amount of soda in the recipe, as I can taste the hint of soda sometimes.

Jenny

2 comments:

Karma said...

I am excited to try these - I have zucchini coming out of my ears!! I need more places to cook it :) Is this recipe Peggy Peterson's?

Jenny McAllister said...

Yes. My mother gave me a Terreton cookbook and this recipe was in it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!