Thursday, October 7, 2010

A.M. Delight Muffins


My parents came for a visit not too long ago, and brought me a bunch of carrots from Dad's garden.  This was the first recipe that came to mind when I saw them.  Good year round, they are especially so right now with garden carrots and fresh apples.  This is by far the most intense muffin I make.  It takes time to peel carrots and apples, even if my food processor grates them in a jiffy.  I tried leaving the skin on the apples once, but that was a mistake, the skin turns black during cooking, so don't do that!  These are tender and so good for you!  We easily eat the 2 dozen it makes, but they freeze well for those who can't.  I think I would prefer taking one from the freezer when I want it to making 2 doz. each time I get the craving!  This is also an old Taste of Home recipe.

A.M. Delight Muffins
2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. chopped peeled apples
2 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. sliced almonds

In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients.  In another bowl, beat eggs, add oil, milk and vanilla.  Mix well; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.  Fold in remaining ingredients.  Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 for 20 min. Yield 1 1/2 - 2 dozen.
I combine the wet ingredients and the fruits, nuts and vegetables, then gently mix in the dry ingredients.  Look at all that good stuff!  The muffins are very moist, serve them warm with a cup of cocoa and you have the perfect way to greet a fall morning.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!