Monday, February 7, 2011

Buttermilk Banana Bread

This is a different taste than the Kona Inn Banana Bread.  I think this one resembles the flavor of the over sized banana nut muffins you can buy at Costco.  I love all things buttermilk and was excited to try this, happy to say, we loved it!

Buttermilk Banana Bread
1 c. oil
4 eggs
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 c. sugar
6 large ripe bananas, mashed (throw in an extra banana if they are small)
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
5 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. chopped nuts

In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, and sugars and mix well.  Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients and fold in nuts.  Fill 4 greased loaf pans 1/2 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.  Cool a bit before slicing

Notes: If you have trouble getting quick breads out of the pans, use this tip. You can cut this recipe in half to make just two loaves, you can also freeze the extra loaves.

Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I'm here to invite you to link up a recipe with us on The Executive Mom's Burnt Toast Thursday. We'd love to see you visit!

http://www.theexecmom.com/2011/02/burnt-toast-heart-themed-party-food.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!