Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tamale Pie


This is a hearty can-of-this-n-that recipe.  The hamburger mix can be served over cornbread or you can serve it over scones and call them Navajo tacos.  Put the cornbread in the oven and then start the ground beef, this way, they will be ready together.

Tamale Pie
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 large onion
1/2 c. green pepper
1 clove garlic, minced

Combine these and cook in a skillet.  When hamburger is browned, spoon off fat and add the following:
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
2 cans tomato sauce (or 3 to make it saucy to your taste)
1 can diced tomatoes with juice (you could also use the kind canned with chilies)
1/2 Tbsp.  sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 c. chopped olives (opt)

Heat through and serve over cornbread, sprinkled with grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. 

Jenny

1 comment:

annies home said...

mexican for supper sounds awesome come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!