Monday, October 24, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

I found this recipe on the back of a box of powdered milk.  You can use liquid milk for these, see the notes for how.

Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. instant non-fat dry milk powder
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. melted butter or margarine
1 c. peeled, finely chopped apple

Topping:
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. chopped nuts
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. rolled oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine dry ingredients and mix.  Add egg, water and melted butter, mix, then fold in apples. Batter will be stiff.  Fill 12 greased muffin cups about 2/3 full.  Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter, dividing evenly.  Bake for 15-20 min. Remove from pan, serve warm.  Makes 1 dozen.

Notes: to make these with liquid milk, eliminate the dry milk and water, and use 1/2 c. milk.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!