Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Skillet Croutons

This is an inexpensive, simple way to dress up a soup. My kids love these, and it is a great trick to know when the crackers have been raided.  (I'm sure that never happens at your house...) 

Skillet Croutons
3 slices bread (I like to use the heel for this)
butter or margarine

Butter both sides of bread, then cut into cubes.  Heat a skillet over medium high heat.  Toss buttered bread cubes in hot skillet until toasted.  Serve hot in soup or cool for salads. 

Notes: You can season these with dry herbs or garlic if you like. Just sprinkle on buttered bread before you cut in cubes.
Jenny

2 comments:

Kesia said...

You are an ABSOLUTE genius!!!

Jenny McAllister said...

Thanks, Kesia, but this tip comes from Alison Holst. Now she is a genius! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!