Friday, March 30, 2012

Quick Lasagna Casserole

This recipe can be made in about 30 minutes, and my children appreciate it as much as the real thing.  I put this in a casserole dish that will fit in my microwave.  You can use sausage or beef in this, or both.  You can also use any pasta or cheese you like.

Quick Lasagna Casserole
1 lb. ground beef or sausage, browned
1 large can (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 lb. lasagna noodles, broken up (or other pasta)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Boil pasta until tender.  Stir spaghetti sauce into browned meat and warm while pasta cooks.  Stir together, in a small bowl, cream cheese and milk until smooth, add sour cream and garlic salt and mix.  When pasta is ready, spread a bit of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 2 qt. casserole dish. Layer 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of meat sauce then 1/3 of the white sauce, repeat layers twice.  Top the last layer of white sauce with cheese.  Microwave on high for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.  Serve with French bread and a salad.  Serves 4-6

Notes:  I have a few noodles left over from my layers when I use a whole box of lasagna noodles.  So, if you want to start with less, you can.  You can use cottage cheese in place of the cream cheese/sour cream sauce.  You might like to still add the milk to thin it a bit.

Clip art from vintagefeedsacks.blogspot.com

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!