Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Parmesan Oven Chicken

This recipe comes from a community cookbook (my favorite kind!) and it is yummy and really easy to make. The breading becomes lovely and crispy on top while it bakes. The crumbs will actually cover two more thighs and four more drumsticks nicely, you just can't see them because I baked them in another pan.

Parmesan Oven Chicken
2-3 lb. cut up fryer chicken (I used only legs and thighs)
1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed fine (about 2 cups)
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (the powdery kind like Kraft)
1/4 c. parsley flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cube butter or margarine, melted

Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel.  Combine cracker crumbs, cheese, and seasonings.  Roll chicken pieces in melted butter, then in crumbs. Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Spoon any leftover crumbs over the top of the chicken, drizzle any remaining butter over the top.  Place in a preheated 375 degree oven and bake for an hour. Serve this with a yummy potato salad or baked potatoes and some rolls.

Notes: According to the recipe, this can also be baked for 3 hours at 250 degrees.  The advantage of a slow baking is a bit like a crock pot, set it early and forget it for a time.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!