Friday, February 2, 2018

Jessica's Brownies with Buttermilk Icing

This recipe comes from my sister-in-law and makes a large batch of brownies. It has been a go-to for anytime I have to feed a crowd for awhile now, the brownies are compact and sturdy to travel well, but still fudgy and good. I most often just add some chocolate chips and dust the top with powdered sugar, but last week I made them for a women's luncheon and added this Buttermilk Icing. It is a great combination, so I am posting the recipes together.

Jessica's Brownies

3 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
6 beaten eggs
3/4 c. milk
3 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar oil and eggs together. Stir in milk. Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth.  Pour into greased sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min. If you are going to frost them with buttermilk icing, do that while they are warm.



Buttermilk Icing

1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/4 c. cocoa
1/3 c. buttermilk
3-4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a small saucepan, combine butter, cocoa and buttermilk and heat to boiling. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then add 2 c. powdered sugar and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add more powdered sugar and stir until the mixture starts to thicken and look fudgy. Pour over brownies and spread smooth. Cool before cutting.

Notes: You can make these ahead and freeze them. If you want you can add about a cup of chocolate chips to the batter before spreading in the pan.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!