Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Chocolate Easter Eggs

My sister-in-law told me about these candies years ago, but with so many recipes, so little time, I am just getting around to them. We liked them so much! They are from Taste of Home 1997 and were quick to make even though they are a dipped candy. They don't require any cooking other than heating chocolate. Maybe you can try them this year too.

Chocolate Easter Eggs
3/4 c. chunky peanut butter
1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 c. flaked coconut
1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts
1 1/2- 2 c. powdered sugar, divided
2 c. chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk)
2 Tbsp. shortening

In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until well mixed. Fold in coconut, nuts and 1 c. of the powdered sugar; mix well. Add a little powdered sugar at a time, until mixture is stiff enough you need to work it with your hands, and it will hold its shape well. Shape into small egg-shaped pieces and chill for 1 hour. Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 min. stir and heat for additional 30 second intervals, stirring between until all chocolate chips are melted and chocolate is smooth. Dip eggs, placing on parchment or wax paper to harden.

Notes: I use a fork for dipping. I put the egg in the chocolate, roll it with the fork to cover and then lift out on the fork tines, allowing extra chocolate to drain off before placing on parchment.


Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!