Monday, December 5, 2022

Cracked Pepper Bread

 


This loaf has a very nice texture and flavor. I made it a few weeks ago, and I keep thinking about how yummy it was.  It will be great alongside a soup or casserole this winter! The recipe came from 2005 Taste of Home, and was originally for the bread machine. I have adjusted it for the oven.


Cracked Pepper Bread

1 1/2 c. hot water
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
4 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. rapid rise yeast

In the bowl of a mixer, fitted with a dough hook, measure 3 c. of flour and remaining ingredients. Mix together briefly, cover with a towel and let rest 15 min. Turn on mixer and add remaining flour a little at a time, using only what's necessary, kneading until dough forms a ball and cleans the sides of the bowl. Form dough into a loaf and place it in a loaf pan to rise. Let rise until doubled, or until the dough just peeks above the pan (about 30 min). Bake in a preheated 4oo degree oven for 30 min. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Makes 1 loaf.


Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!