Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Homemade Candy Bars


This is my family's favorite candy for the last 4 years since we discovered the recipe. My kids think it tastes like Twix bars, the woman that submitted the recipe said it reminds her of Kit Kat bars. They are just SO yummy, and easy, and for a candy, they don't take long to make. The original recipe comes from the Taste of Home annual recipe book for 1996. Merry Christmas!



Homemade Candy Bars


1 (13 oz,) box club house style crackers (you won't use quite all of them)
1 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. milk
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. chocolate chips (it calls for milk, I like semi-sweet; your preference)
1/2 c. butterscotch chips

In an ungreased 9x13, lay out a layer of crackers close together. In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add milk, graham cracker crumbs and both sugars; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. pour half the mixture over the layer of crackers, carefully spreading to cover. Make a second layer of crackers on top. Spread with remaining sugar mixture. Top with a third layer of crackers. In a microwave safe container, place peanut butter and both kinds of chips. Microwave for 1 min. and stir, repeating until the mixture is smooth. Spread over crackers. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into small squares. Yield 3-4 dozen.


Notes: I used Great Value brand buttery smooth club crackers.



Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!