Thursday, May 6, 2010

Burger Skillet With Mushroom Dumplings

An entire meal in a skillet.

Burger Skillet with Mushroom Dumplings
2 lbs. ground beef
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. flour
1 can beef broth
3-4 c. cooked vegetables (I use frozen mixed veggies)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown meat and onion in butter. Season and sprinkle flour over.  Add broth and vegetables.

Mushroom Dumplings
2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 c. oil
2 Tbsp. chopped, dried parsley
1 can mushroom soup
1 egg, beaten

Combine dry ingredients.  Mix soup, egg, and oil.  Stir in dry ingredients until dampened.  Drop by spoonfuls over meat mixture.  Cover and simmer 20 min. or until dumplings are done.  Yield 6 servings.
Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!