Thursday, May 6, 2010

Egg Foo Yong

This Chinese omelet is easy to make at home.  Use the sauce recipe provided, or serve with chicken or beef gravy.

Egg Foo Yong
4 eggs
1 can bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. chopped meat (we like pork, chicken or ham)
2 Tbsp. chopped onions
1 Tbsp. soy sauce

Beat eggs and stir in remaining ingredients.  Heat a little oil in a skillet. Pour 1/4 cup mixture at a time into hot oil.  Push cooked egg up over meat to form a patty. When patties are set, turn and brown other side.  Makes 2 large servings

Sauce for Egg Foo Yong
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 c. water
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.  Cook over medium heat until thick.

Notes: I usually make smaller patties to serve as a side dish, it will make quite a few of these.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!