Monday, May 3, 2010

Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was introduced to these in church.  The teacher had everyone's undivided attention because there was a HUGE basket of these setting on the table next to her. She shared the cookies and was persuaded to share the recipe.  They are my favorite chocolate chip cookie.

Cindy’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 lb. margarine
1 ½ c white sugar
2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
2 Tbsp. vanilla
5 ½ -6 c. flour
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. soda
¾ - 1 c. ground oatmeal flour (grind in a blender)
2 bags chocolate chips

Cream softened-but not melted margarine and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add dry ingredients, dough needs to be stiff. Add choc. chips. Form into golf ball sized balls and bake @ 350 for 8-10 min. Makes 6 doz. Note: use margarine for this one, butter changes the texture. Cindy says she prefers dark brown sugar.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!